2-LP Set, CD, and Digital Album Features
Herbie Hancock, Wallace Roney, Buster Williams, Jimmy Heath,
Albert “Tootie” Heath, Joshua Redman, Christian McBride,
IRMA and LEO (Esperanza Spalding & Leo Genovese),
Cécile McLorin Salvant, Charles Lloyd, Hiromi,
Kenny Garrett, Jon Batiste, and Other Jazz Greats
A consortium of major jazz labels – Blue Note Records, Concord Music Group, Mack Avenue Music Group, Nonesuch Records, Universal Music Group, Verve Label Group and Warner Music Group – has taken the unprecedented step of joining hands for Relief, an all-star compilation of previously unreleased music to be issued on LP, CD and digitally September 24, continuing the non-profit Jazz Foundation of America’s (JFA) ongoing efforts to aid musicians affected by the international shutdown of venues and other performance opportunities in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
All net proceeds from the package – comprising studio and live tracks by top-flight jazz artists – will benefit the JFA’s Musicians’ Emergency Fund, established in the spring of 2020 after the pandemic ground the music industry to a sudden, catastrophic halt.
More information coming soon.
- IRMA and LEO | “back to who” feat. Esperanza Spalding and Leo Genovese | 4:41
- Christian McBride | “Brother Malcolm” | 4:47
- Cécile McLorin Salvant | “Easy Come, Easy Go Blues” | 2:32
- Kenny Garrett | “Joe Hen’s Waltz” | 8:07
- Jon Batiste | “Sweet Lorraine” | 3:52
- Hiromi | “Green Tea Farm” [2020 version] | 7:52
- Joshua Redman | “Facts” feat. Ron Miles, Scott Colley, Brian Blade | 3:39
- Charles Lloyd & Kindred Spirits | “Lift Every Voice and Sing” [live] | 8:26
- Herbie Hancock, Wallace Roney, Jimmy Heath, Buster Williams, Albert “Tootie” Heath | “Gingerbread Boy” [live] | 6:54